Quotes about empathy can help all of us to be more empathic. Empathy sayings truly touch the heart! Being kind and considerate is one of the most valuable assets to life.
Whether you show empathy to friends, family, or children, it is important to remember that what goes around comes right back around. Empathy can prove to go a long way, as do the empathy quotes found below.
- “Only your compassion and your loving kindness are invincible, and without limit.” - Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Remember there’s no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end.” - Scott Adams
- “Smile at each other, smile at your wife, smile at your husband, smile at your children, smile at each other - it doesn’t matter who it is - and that will help you to grow up in greater love for each other.” - Mother Teresa
- “Tell them, that, to ease them of their griefs, their fear of hostile strokes, their aches, losses, their pangs of love, with other incident throes, that nature’s fragile vessel doth sustain, in life’s uncertain voyage, I will do some kindness do them.” - William Shakespeare
- “The capacity to give one’s attention to a sufferer is a very rare and difficult thing; it is almost a miracle; it is a miracle. Nearly all those who think they have the capacity do not possess it.” - Simone Weil
- “We don’t set out to save the world; we set out to wonder how other people are doing and to reflect on how our actions affect other people’s hearts.” - Pema Chodron
- “Everything we do is in service of our needs. When this one concept is applied to our view of others, we’ll see that we have no real enemies, that what others do to us is the best possible thing they know to do to get their needs met.” - Marshall Rosenberg
- Silence is a place of great power and healing.” - Rachel Naomi Remen
- “The act of compassion begins with full attention, just as rapport does. You have to really see the person.” -Daniel Goleman