Emotional Identification – The 7 Perceptions
Identifying emotions can be tricky. Use these seven techniques to improve your skills in this area.
1. Don't loose touch with how you feel! Notice your emotional triggers and how you react to them.
2. Listen to your body. Your body will tell you if you're sad, angry, or upset. Learn how to listen when your body talks.
3. Honesty is best. Don't lie to yourself. It's easy to do when you don’t want to deal with something. Believe it or not, everyone else has the same feeling as you do. Don't be afraid to show them.
4. Know who you are. If you have to, make a list of your good and bad points. It let's you handle your emotions better if you know how you feel about things.
5. Learn body language. The whole body can communicate whether you want it to or not. If you're good, you can read anyone's body language. And eye brow lift may be an eye brow lift to some but it can also mean "I don't believe you". The more you can read other's body language the better you can use your body language to communicate your feeling to them.
6. Start small. If you're not used to expressing your emotions, then practice a few of them at a time until you're more comfortable with showing them. Standing in front of a mirror helps. Showing your feelings helps you to communicate with other whether they are negative or positive emotions. The more you practice the better you will be.
7. Don't hold them in! Let your emotion go, holding them in leads to health issues you don’t want to have. You can suffer from a heart attack, breathing issues, rashes, hives, and other unpleasant problems. Letting your emotions out at the time they happen is better for your mental and physical health.